Do You Have a Passion For Global Citizenship and Experiential Learning?
Facilitators are our VIPs, and we want the best of the best to become part of our community. For over 11 years we’ve brought innovation to experiential learning – partnering with organizations, developing in-school and out of school activities, and implementing life-changing programs.
We are challenging others to grow and develop. It only makes sense to invest in our team, to bring your skills and abilities to the next level. Whether you are just starting a career or a veteran in the industry we’ll support your growth.
Form deep relationships and get a real understanding of areas that many only dream to visit. Don’t get us wrong, it’s hard work, but you’ll surely make unforgettable memories along the way.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We have the belief that youth empowerment and leadership will create lasting worldwide change. If you value mindful Global Citizenship and Sustainability, we hope you’ll apply to an open position where you feel you can add value.
We believe in the United Nations – Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. You can find the spirit of sustainability throughout all aspects of our organization and programs.
Beijing, Bangkok, Canada, and Australia are places that members of our team call home. Be ready for international collaboration and more video conferences than you can count – Be Global.
CONTRACT AND FULL-TIME WORK
Qualified but not looking for a long-term commitment? Don’t worry, we’ve worked with hundreds of Facilitators over the years who work with us from 1 week – 6 months each year. We also have a core team that have worked to make the gears turn for years.
Here’s What You Can Expect
Yogyakarta Urban Exploration Program – 7th Graders exploring the vibrant history in South and Southeast Asia.
Schools we’ve worked with: NIST, Ivanhoe, International School of Beijing, Thammasat, and Stamford International School. We’ve worked with thousands of students, educators, and institutions in the school environment. Bringing transformative learning for sustained change.
Out of School Programs
Locations we love: Thailand, Cambodia, Australia, Laos, and more! With a focus on Asia, we specialize in bespoke educational experiences worldwide. Priding ourselves on long-term relationships and outstanding feedback.
Underadvantaged Youth Programs
Click here to view our map of our leadership conferences. We bring our experts to train your key change makers – leading to long lasting benefits to the local communities they serve. This is what our main purpose at JUMP! is.
Who We Work With
We believe in community, that is why we find pride in partnering with other organizations that share our vision.
Do You Have Any Questions?
If so, our team is always happy to get an email or phone call. For the most common career questions, we’ll try to cover them in the sections below:
What is The JUMP! Foundation?
JUMP! is a non–profit social enterprise that works to inspire, empower, and engage individuals in leadership development, community building, and global citizenship education. We do this by developing, designing, and running purposeful experiential education programs.
What is a JUMP! Program?
A program is a learning experience, either in a traditional building or outside in the world. We develop 3 types of programs at JUMP!:
- J! Schools: Programs utilizing personal development, community building, and global citizenship methods to enhance learning on a campus.
- J! Experiences: Programs venturing into the real world outside the walls of the school.
- J! Development: Programs working with local partners in underserved communities in the regions we work in most.
Want to Join JUMP!? Take a look at our job openings below and apply.
Contract Facilitator (Asia, Australia, China, or Canada)
Duration: 1-4 weeks Locations: Asia, Australia, China, or Canada We have a limited number of JUMP! Facilitator positions open for 2017-2018. Please fill in the application form and upload your documents through the link below if you are available and interested in JUMP!ing with us. JUMP! facilitators are deeply committed agents of change and are recognized as individuals who bring diverse knowledge, extensive life experience, and unique perspectives to running experiential education programs. Enthusiastic and passionate about leadership and social development, JUMP! facilitators will support the Program Management team in the design, and coordination of programs that inspire, empower and engage youth to reach their full potential as global citizens. ABOUT THE JUMP! FOUNDATION The JUMP! Foundation is a non-profit organization that believes in inspiring, empowering, and engaging youth through collaborative and innovative experiential learning programs. JUMP! offers a series of leadership activities suited for students at international schools and universities, including in-school workshops (JUMP! Schools programs) and outdoor adventure trips (JUMP! Experiences programs). We facilitate participants to develop personal, community, and inter- community leadership skills. To help realize our vision for a world in which young people fulfill their true potential, JUMP! invests in an internal Development Fund. This fund is used to run experiential youth-focused development projects around the world. ABOUT JUMP! PROGRAMMING JUMP!’s experiential education curriculum is applied in two main programming streams: JUMP! Schools, our in-school workshops; and JUMP! Experiences, our adventure, service, and culture expeditions. JUMP! Schools are typically one to two days long, but can be up to five days. We run these workshops in schools around China, Southeast Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, North America and Europe. JUMP! Schools programs aim to:
- Develop students’ capacity to act as student leaders in school
- Engage students in the development of personal leadership skills
- Introduce students to models they can incorporate into their own lives
- Provide tools for critical thinking, conflict resolution, synthesizing ideas, and public speaking
- Create a safe space for students to discover who they are both as individuals and as members of their community
- Empower students to take leadership roles in a supportive community
- JUMP! Experiences are typically five to seven days long but can run up to five to eight weeks. The majority of these trips are in locations around China and Southeast Asia. JUMP! Experiences trips provide a holistic approach to learning where participants are introduced to new activities, ideas and environments and are composed of the following five elements:
- Adventure: Explore diverse landscapes and gain valuable outdoor skills
- Cultural Immersion: Experience local lifestyles, language, culture, and history
- Personal Development: Discover more about yourself and gain leadership skills
- Sustainable Travel: Learn about responsible travel and gain environmental awareness
- Community Enrichment: Be involved in a community development project
For more information, please visit our webpage (www.jumpfoundation.org) and social media pages; @jumpfoundation (Twitter), and The JUMP Foundation (Facebook). TO APPLY: Please apply online at https://form.jotform.me/71102185203441 JOB DESCRIPTION The JUMP! Foundation is always seeking skilled and energetic candidates to join our team throughout the year. JUMP! staff are deeply committed agents of change and are recognized as individuals who bring diverse knowledge, extensive life experience and unique perspectives to facilitating experiential education programs. Enthusiastic and passionate about leadership and social development, JUMP! staff foster an environment that inspires, empowers and engages youth to reach their full potential. Together, our team delivers programs that spark personal development, strengthen community and increase global awareness of participants. A Jump! Program Facilitator will have competency and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to: PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT The Program Manager will have competence and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist in on-going design of J! Experience programs
- Provide logistical assistance to Program Management team
- Facilitate personal development and team building-focused activities that inspire youth to challenge themselves
- Guide debrief sessions, personal reflection, goal-setting and action-planning throughout the program
- Offer continual mentorship to youth and facilitate conflict resolution between students when needed
- Facilitate cultural activities which engage youth with hands-on experiences
- Facilitate community development-oriented projects
- Facilitate career exploration focused programs
- Follow and maintain JUMP!s experiential education best practice and safety management practices
- Share in the responsibility of supervising youth throughout the program
- Maximize available learning opportunities and integrate them into the program
- Assist in designing and carrying out the program evaluation
- Share knowledge of facilitation challenges, best practices, etc.
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of JUMP! programs and curriculum
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (duration of employment)
- Provide input on strategic organizational development as requested
- Share experiences through JUMP!’s communication and social media (e.g. blog, newsletter, photos, etc.)
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid or higher first aid certification
- Must submit criminal background check from within the last three months
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Positive, optimistic, and enthusiastic
- Previous group facilitation experience, particularly with cultural immersion, outdoor education,
- adventure travel or leadership training programs
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Possess a strong understanding of experiential education (the value, the process, etc.)
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with local language and culture
- Knowledgeable and passionate about international development
- Resourceful and with an ability to think creatively and “out-of-the-box”
- Child Protection Certified
Program Officer (Impact)-Thai National only
TITLE: JUMP! Impact Program Officer (Thai National only!)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Citizenship: Thai Nationals Only
Experience: Entry Level Position (0 – 2 year-experiences)
ABOUT JUMP! FOUNDATION:
JUMP! Foundation is a non-profit social enterprise that addresses a need in youth education in areas of leadership and global citizenship. The JUMP! Foundation works in three realms: JUMP! Schools, JUMP! Experiences and JUMP! Impact. JUMP!’s programs are rooted in the methodology of Experiential Education – learning through doing – and work with schools and local partners to help embed experiential learning and global citizenship education into their community.
JUMP! Impact: JUMP! partners with local NGOs to implement social innovation programs where youths from marginalised communities receive training, design impact projects for their communities, and implement their projects with seed funding and mentorship. To date, JUMP! Impact has served over 3,000 youths across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
JUMP! Experiences: Off-campus programs, which take students out of the classroom and out into the field. Programs are typically 1-2 weeks in length, and take students out of their comfort zone; be it hiking in the Himalayas, Rock Climbing in Thailand, or exploring history and culture in Indonesia.
JUMP! Schools: High-Impact, programs which take place on a school campus. JUMP! Schools programs are typically 2-5 days in length, and explore leadership training, facilitation training, design thinking, and global citizenship.
For Application. Please apply via this link:
Contract Program Manager (Bangkok or Beijing)
Start Date: Ongoing Application Date: Ongoing Location: Bangkok, Thailand or Beijing, China We have a limited number of JUMP! Program Manager positions open for 2017. Please fill in the application form and upload your CV through the link below if you are available and interested in JUMP!ing with us. This individual will be an enthusiastic and goal-oriented manager who plans, coordinates, and delivers in-school programs. The Program Manager will design and develop programs for partner schools and ensure high-quality program delivery. The Program Manager will effectively solve problems through individual initiative, accurately communicate with the JUMP! Foundation’s multi-cultural and international client base, and contribute to the total efforts of a dedicated JUMP! Program team. – APPLY NOW –