Global Nomads Canada
Where: British Columbia, Canada
When: 13 July – 02 August 2015
Who: 12 students, 3 international facilitators (English speaking)
How much? US$3250
Global Nomads Canada will meet in Vancouver and embark on a journey that will challenge you physically, emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually. You’ll be amazed at your growth throughout the program as you overcome personal challenges, learn to work effectively within a community, and understand yourself as leaders within a global context.
During the 3 week journey across the majestic wilderness of British Columbia you will:
- Rock climb and belay
- Canoe and portage
- Clamber through a high ropes course
- Backpack on an 8-day mountain trek
- Navigate & lead sections of the trek
- Spend a night alone in the middle of the mountains
- Learn about indigenous cultures of British Columbia
- Participate in a service learning project
- Engage in global issues dialogues
This incredible program will begin at the fun and charming Educo site, where you will take part in various personal and community challenges in order to learn about yourself and fellow participants as you begin to grow as a community of Global Nomads. During the first few days of challenges, high-ropes, and wall climbing, you will focus on developing self-awareness and teamwork before embarking on an adventure of a lifetime. You will also have the chance to learn about indigenous beliefs and traditions.
Next, you will backpack on an 8-day mountain trek across stunning and challenging terrain. This part of the trip will include learning navigation skills, leadership practice and personal discovery as you witness breathtaking natural scenery. This experience will culminate in spending a night alone in the wilderness.
For the final part of the program, you will return to Vancouver to engage in a local service project and learn about another local community. The program will finish with a Global Citizenship Conference, allowing students from different backgrounds to share their views and insights into what it means to be a global citizen and with fresh inspiration attempt to determine what step to take next.
Global Nomads Canada is run in partnership with EDUCO.
Global Nomads Canada 2015 Itinerary:
Global Nomads Canada is run in partnership with EDUCO Canada.
EDUCO Adventure School
Booking a spot
Application deadline: May 15th
To sign up for Global Nomads Canada participants are asked to:
Once your application has been reviewed and you are accepted onto the program you will be asked to:
- Pay an initial deposit via wire transfer to JUMP!
– In case you will pull out of the program this deposit will not be returned to you
– If for any reason the program is cancelled, this deposit will be returned to you
- Pay the total amount for the program before the 30th of May
- The price does not include flights and visa costs