Role: HEAD OF OPERATIONS
Location: JUMP! Global Leadership Centre at NIST International School, 36 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
Start date: 1 August, 2015
Application deadline: 6 July, 2015
ABOUT THE JUMP! FOUNDATION:
The JUMP! Foundation is a non-profit organization that believes in inspiring, empowering, and engaging youth through collaborative and innovative experiential learning programs. JUMP! offers a series of leadership activities suited for students at international schools and universities, including in-school workshops (JUMP! Schools programs) and outdoor adventure trips (JUMP! Experiences programs). We facilitate participants to develop personal, community, and inter-community leadership skills. To help realize our vision for a world in which young people fulfill their true potential, JUMP! donates a proportion of its revenue to support experiential youth-focused development projects around the world.
For more information, you can visit our webpage (www.jumpfoundation.org) and social media pages; @jumpfoundation (twitter); the JUMP! Foundation Facebook page and blog.
JUMP! is currently seeking a skilled Head of Operations to be located in the Bangkok hub. This individual will be an outgoing and goal-oriented professional who will play a lead role in establishing a multi-regional organizational structure, with two hubs in Bangkok, Thailand and Beijing, China. The Head of Operations will work closely with the Executive Director to execute organizational responsibilities as directed by the Board of Directors, and will manage day-to-day operations, including finance and accounting, human resources and organizational systems and processes.
The Head of Operations will have competence and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following areas:
Finance and Accounting:
- Supervises the creation of financial statements and reports, and uses the information to make strategic organizational decisions.
- Oversees the program finance process, including invoicing, payment tracking, expense reimbursement, and post-program evaluation of budget vs actual expenditure.
- Approves organizational and program budgets with regional managers, and liaises with the cashier to transfer money to internal and external parties.
- Oversees contracting, invoicing and payment tracking of all program finances, and approving program budget and actual expenses.
- Drives financial projections and organizational budgeting including both short and long-term forecasts which informs the strategic plan.
- Works with Operations Team (Operations Officers and Bookkeeper) to ensure bookkeeping is kept up to date in Xero (accounting software).
- Oversees management of IT platforms including Google suite, Box, CRM system, Expensify, Xero, Organisational Wiki and the website.
- Identifies organizational staffing needs with management team, and drives forward hiring procedures.
- Implements, maintains and reviews recruitment and onboarding/induction systems and processes.
- Implements a comprehensive program of continuous learning, training and development for staff.
- Maintains payroll and leave schedule, and reviews compensation package structure revisions.
- • Manages two operations officers (based in Beijing and Bangkok) and bookkeeper (based remotely).
- This role is open to Thai nationals only.
- Minimum 3+ years of management, finance and human resources experience, and preferably hold an MBA qualification.
- Able to juggle multiple projects with ease, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where priorities may quickly change day to day.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent project management skills.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills; at ease in liaising with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including presenting to senior management.
- Advanced Excel skills, with experience in financial modelling; proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience managing an international team, preferably in Asia; exposure to working in a start-up environment particularly desirable.
- Previous management experience with a non-profit organization.
- Interest in experiential education and passion for working with youth.
- Conversational proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin) and/or Thai.
Salary & Compensation will be commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND CV / RESUME TO:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the urgency to fill this post, interviews may take place prior to the closing date; candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible. We apologise but due to the number of applications we expect to receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in JUMP! Foundation.