ROLE: PROGRAM MANAGER, Southeast Asia Region
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
START DATE: Immediate
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 JANUARY, 2013 at 5pm (Thailand time)
ABOUT JUMP! PROGRAMMING: JUMP!’s experiential education curriculum is applied in two main programming streams: JUMP! Schools, our in-school workshops, and JUMP! Experiences, our adventure, service and culture trips.
JUMP! Schools are typically one to two days long, but can be up to five days in duration. We run these workshops in schools around China, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. JUMP! Schools programs aim to:
- Develop students’ capacity to act as student leaders in school.
- Engage students in the development of personal leadership skills.
- Introduce students to models they can incorporate into their own lives.
- Provide tools for critical thinking, conflict resolution, synthesizing ideas, and public speaking.
- Create a safe space for students to discover who they are both as individuals and as members of their community.
- Empower students to take leadership roles in a supportive community.
JUMP! Experiences are typically five to seven days long but can run up to five to eight weeks. The majority of these trips are in locations around China and Southeast Asia. JUMP! Experiences trips provide a holistic approach to learning where participants are introduced to new activities, ideas and environments and are composed of the following five elements:
- Adventure: Explore diverse landscapes and gain valuable outdoor skills.
- Cultural Immersion: Experience local lifestyles, language, culture and history.
- Personal Development: Discover more about yourself and gain leadership skills.
- Sustainable Travel: Learn about responsible travel and gain environmental awareness.
- Community Enrichment: Be involved in a community development project.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The JUMP! Foundation is currently seeking a skilled and energetic candidate to fill the role of Program Manager for JUMP! Schools programs. This individual will be an enthusiastic and goal-oriented manager, who plans, coordinates, and executes in school programs. The Program Manager will oversee staff, manage budgets, and ensure program quality. The Program Manager will effectively solve problems through individual initiative; accurately communicate with the JUMP! Foundation’s multi-cultural and international client base; and contribute to the total efforts of a small, dedicated team.
The Program Manager will also act as a JUMP! Facilitator. JUMP! Facilitators are deeply committed agents of change and are recognized as individuals who bring diverse knowledge, extensive life experience, and unique perspectives to facilitating experiential education programs. Passionate about leadership and social development, JUMP! Facilitators foster an environment that inspires, empowers, and engages youth to reach their full potential. Our team of JUMP! Facilitators deliver programs that spark personal development, strengthen a sense of community, and increase global awareness within participants
The Program Manager will have competence and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Designing, managing, and facilitating JUMP! Schools programs.
- Following the program management process (needs assessment with partner, program design, program execution, post-program reporting and evaluation).
- Leading and managing team of program facilitators in program execution.
- Preparing and adhering to program budgets; completing program expense reports.
- Managing relationships with both JUMP! Experiences and JUMP! Schools programming partners (organizations, schools, etc.) in our target cities.
- Assisting to develop and refine program curriculum.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Actively developing new JUMP! Schools programs to meet the needs of our partners.
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of JUMP! by offering creative and logistical support, ideas, and feedback.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Interest in experiential education and passion for working with youth.
- Task-oriented, resourceful, and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-starting and welcomes personal and professional development.
- Attentive to detail, organized, and able to multi-task, and comfortable with a flexible work schedule.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with online social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress.
- Prior experience living and working in Southeast Asia
- Experience designing, developing, and facilitating education programs for youth.
- An understanding of non-profits and social enterprises.
- Current Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) certification or higher.
Program Director – Southeast Asia Region
Salary & Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification
All applicants should send a cover letter and CV to Sarah Ghan, Program Director, via email here!
In your cover letter, please specifically address the following questions, otherwise your application will not be considered:
1) Explain why you are interested in joining JUMP! ; and
2) How your skills and experiences will allow you to successfully carry out the job responsibilities as stated above.