Do You Have a Passion For Global Citizenship and Experiential Learning?
Facilitators are our VIPs, and we want the best of the best to become part of our community. For over 11 years we’ve brought innovation to experiential learning – partnering with organizations, developing in-school and out of school activities, and implementing life-changing programs.
We’ve worked with thousands of students, educators, and institutions in the school environment. Bringing transformative learning for sustained change.
With a focus on Asia, we specialize in bespoke educational experiences worldwide. Priding ourselves on long-term relationships and outstanding feedback.
We bring our experts to train your key change makers – leading to long lasting benefits to the local communities they serve. This is what our main purpose at JUMP! is.
What is The JUMP! Foundation?
We do this by developing, designing, and running purposeful experiential education programs.
What is a JUMP! Program?
- J! Schools: Programs utilizing personal development, community building, and global citizenship methods to enhance learning on a campus.
- J! Experiences: Programs venturing into the real world outside the walls of the school.
- J! Development: Programs working with local partners in underserved communities in the regions we work in most.
URGENT! Director, China Program
LOCATION: Beijing, China
START DATE: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DATE: Position is open until filled
ROLE DESCRIPTION: The JUMP! Foundation is currently seeking a skilled and energetic candidate to fill the role of Program Director in Beijing, China. This individual will be an educational visionary who is also an enthusiastic and goal-oriented manager. The Program Director will direct and manage all projects related to staff development, program innovation & risk management for experiential education programs in the region. The Program Director will effectively solve problems through individual initiative; accurately communicate with the JUMP! Foundation’s multi-cultural and international client base; and contribute to the total efforts of a small, dedicated team.
ROLE RESPONSIBLITIES: The Program Director will have competence and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Directing the long-term strategy for experiential education program at leading international schools
- Leading program design and curriculum development for multiple programs, including collaborating with Educators and other program stakeholders
- Management and mentoring of JUMP! China program staff for experiential education programs
- Managing Risk Assessment and Risk Management for experiential education programs
- Managing the monitoring and evaluation for experiential education programs
- Managing budgets & financial systems related to for experiential education programs
- Enhancing existing JUMP! China programs and developing new JUMP! China programs
- Contributing to the long-term vision and strategic plan of JUMP! China
- Supporting overall management of JUMP! China programs
- Risk management skills: extensive experience in risk management process, including conducting risk assessments, developing safety standards and protocols, and training staff.
- Project management skills: experience in managing multiple programs of varying size with diverse objectives
- Team management skills: experience managing and mentoring high performing program teams
- Program design skills: experience in designing experiential education programs and curriculum
- Financial management skills: able to create and manage complex budgets and expense tracking systems and report on financial targets
- Stakeholder management skills: ability to foster multiple relationships with diverse program stakeholders
- Monitoring and evaluation skills: familiarity with monitoring and evaluation approaches for experiential education programs
- 7+ years work experience in Experiential Education
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience working / teaching in schools
- Passion for working with youth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google products
- WFR Certification or above
- Master degree or equivalent experience
- Program design skills: experience in designing experiential education programs and curriculum that integrate with international school curricula and frameworks (i.e. IB curriculum)
- Monitoring and evaluation skills: extensive experience with monitoring and evaluation approaches for experiential education programs
- Proficiency in Asana and/ or related project management platforms
- Master degree in Education, Outdoor Education, Experiential Education, or a related field
- Prior experience living and working abroad, in multi-cultural contexts
- Experience designing, developing, and facilitating education youth programs
- Familiarity with the International School system
Chief Program Officer
Salary & Compensation will be commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply please send cover letter and CV / Resume to:
HOW TO APPLY: PLEASE CLICK HERE – https://form.jotform.me/71102185203441
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit: 1) CV 2) Letter of motivation as well as 3) diploma transcript(s), 4)) Undergraduate Certificate, 5) previous working certificate, and 6) range of salary expectation
We apologise but due to the number of applications we expect to receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in JUMP!
Contract Facilitator (Asia, Australia, China, or Canada)
Locations: Asia, Australia, China, or Canada
We have a limited number of JUMP! Facilitator positions open for 2017-2018. Please fill in the application form and upload your documents through the link below if you are available and interested in JUMP!ing with us.
JUMP! facilitators are deeply committed agents of change and are recognized as individuals who bring diverse knowledge, extensive life experience, and unique perspectives to running experiential education programs. Enthusiastic and passionate about leadership and social development, JUMP! facilitators will support the Program Management team in the design, and coordination of programs that inspire, empower and engage youth to reach their full potential as global citizens.
ABOUT THE JUMP! FOUNDATION
The JUMP! Foundation is a non-profit organization that believes in inspiring, empowering, and engaging youth through collaborative and innovative experiential learning programs. JUMP! offers a series of leadership activities suited for students at international schools and universities, including in-school workshops (JUMP! Schools programs) and outdoor adventure trips (JUMP! Experiences programs). We facilitate participants to develop personal, community, and inter- community leadership skills. To help realize our vision for a world in which young people fulfill their true potential, JUMP! invests in an internal Development Fund. This fund is used to run experiential youth-focused development projects around the world.
ABOUT JUMP! PROGRAMMING
JUMP!’s experiential education curriculum is applied in two main programming streams: JUMP! Schools, our in-school workshops; and JUMP! Experiences, our adventure, service, and culture expeditions.
JUMP! Schools are typically one to two days long, but can be up to five days. We run these workshops in schools around China, Southeast Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, North America and Europe. JUMP! Schools programs aim to:
- Develop students’ capacity to act as student leaders in school
- Engage students in the development of personal leadership skills
- Introduce students to models they can incorporate into their own lives
- Provide tools for critical thinking, conflict resolution, synthesizing ideas, and public speaking
- Create a safe space for students to discover who they are both as individuals and as members of their community
- Empower students to take leadership roles in a supportive community
- JUMP! Experiences are typically five to seven days long but can run up to five to eight weeks. The majority of these trips are in locations around China and Southeast Asia. JUMP! Experiences trips provide a holistic approach to learning where participants are introduced to new activities, ideas and environments and are composed of the following five elements:
- Adventure: Explore diverse landscapes and gain valuable outdoor skills
- Cultural Immersion: Experience local lifestyles, language, culture, and history
- Personal Development: Discover more about yourself and gain leadership skills
- Sustainable Travel: Learn about responsible travel and gain environmental awareness
- Community Enrichment: Be involved in a community development project
Please apply online at https://form.jotform.me/71102185203441
The JUMP! Foundation is always seeking skilled and energetic candidates to join our team throughout the year. JUMP! staff are deeply committed agents of change and are recognized as individuals who bring diverse knowledge, extensive life experience and unique perspectives to facilitating experiential education programs. Enthusiastic and passionate about leadership and social development, JUMP! staff foster an environment that inspires, empowers and engages youth to reach their full potential. Together, our team delivers programs that spark personal development, strengthen community and increase global awareness of participants.
A Jump! Program Facilitator will have competency and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
The Program Manager will have competence and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist in on-going design of J! Experience programs
- Provide logistical assistance to Program Management team
- Facilitate personal development and team building-focused activities that inspire youth to challenge themselves
- Guide debrief sessions, personal reflection, goal-setting and action-planning throughout the program
- Offer continual mentorship to youth and facilitate conflict resolution between students when needed
- Facilitate cultural activities which engage youth with hands-on experiences
- Facilitate community development-oriented projects
- Facilitate career exploration focused programs
- Follow and maintain JUMP!s experiential education best practice and safety management practices
- Share in the responsibility of supervising youth throughout the program
- Maximize available learning opportunities and integrate them into the program
- Assist in designing and carrying out the program evaluation
- Share knowledge of facilitation challenges, best practices, etc.
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of JUMP! programs and curriculum
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (duration of employment)
- Provide input on strategic organizational development as requested
- Share experiences through JUMP!’s communication and social media (e.g. blog, newsletter, photos, etc.)
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid or higher first aid certification
- Must submit criminal background check from within the last three months
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Positive, optimistic, and enthusiastic
- Previous group facilitation experience, particularly with cultural immersion, outdoor education,
- adventure travel or leadership training programs
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Possess a strong understanding of experiential education (the value, the process, etc.)
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with local language and culture
- Knowledgeable and passionate about international development
- Resourceful and with an ability to think creatively and “out-of-the-box”
- Child Protection Certified
COMPENSATION: Program facilitation wage assigned dependent on level of expertise.
Contract Program Manager (Bangkok or Beijing)
Application Date: Ongoing
Location: Bangkok, Thailand or Beijing, China
We have a limited number of JUMP! Program Manager positions open for 2017. Please fill in the application form and upload your CV through the link below if you are available and interested in JUMP!ing with us.
This individual will be an enthusiastic and goal-oriented manager who plans, coordinates, and delivers in-school programs. The Program Manager will design and develop programs for partner schools and ensure high-quality program delivery. The Program Manager will effectively solve problems through individual initiative, accurately communicate with the JUMP! Foundation’s multi-cultural and international client base, and contribute to the total efforts of a dedicated JUMP! Program team.
Kitchen Coordinator – Educo Adventure School (Canada)
Location: 100 Mile House, Canada
Application Deadline: May 11th, 2018
Program Season: End of May – End of September
Report to: Program Director – Educo Adventure School
Educo Adventure School is looking for an experienced & hard working Kitchen Coordinator for all food and nutrition related systems.
THE EDUCO APPROACH:
Educo Adventure School aims to be more than just an outdoor classroom: we seek to create meaningful experiences that draw forth our students’ emotional, social and spiritual development. We believe this is fostered through deepening connections with the natural world, embracing challenge and learning the intricacies of intimate teamwork! We learn experientially – hands-on! Educo offers opportunity for young people to disconnect from the digital and online arenas and to cultivate a sense of belonging in the world as they journey through the mountains, forests, lakes and rivers. Educo program staff facilitate opportunities for youth to become powerfully self-aware and engaged with the people, communities and nature surrounding them.
THE EDUCO CULTURE:
Educo Adventure School has a rich history in youth work and community living. In a loving and supportive environment, we encourage each other to step beyond our preconceived limitations and to express ourselves fully and creatively. As a staff team, we work hard (and play harder), we work collaboratively and we value one another’s contributions. We ask of our staff what we ask of our students: a willingness to step beyond our comfort zone and to practice vulnerability and appreciation. If you prefer efficiency to collaboration, dislike ambiguity, and adhere to a very strict schedule, then leading Educo Adventure School probably isn’t right for you. If you’re looking for a fun, multifaceted and rewarding work environment that will push you every single day, then we want to hear from you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Kitchen Coordinator will work both independently and collaboratively with volunteers at times to prepare and serve delicious and nutritious meals for students and staff. With supervision and support from the Program Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Meal Planning: Plan nutritious and hearty meals, snacks and beverages for students and staff during courses and course prep days. Plan alternatives for students and staff with dietary restrictions and allergies.
- Food Preparation & Cooking: Prepare ingredients and cook meals for groups ranging in size from 12 people to 75 people in an off-the-grid kitchen.
- Resource Management: Track inventory of ingredients, kitchen supplies (cleaning and dishwashing supplies, utensils, etc) and site supplies (toilet paper, soap, etc). File timely orders with grocery supply company to replenish stock on a regular basis.
- Budget Management: Monitor food and site supply budget and make purchases within budget boundaries.
- Relationship Management: Communicate positively with vendors, local community partners, health authority inspectors, students and adult stakeholders (parents/guardians & teachers) about food arrangements, their nourishment needs and our nourishment capabilities.
- Leadership: Direct, supervise and mentor “Home Team” members (staff and volunteers who are off-program) when they are assisting in the kitchen. Act as Incident Commander in an emergency when the Program Manager and Executive Director are both off-site.
- Reporting: In coordination with the Program Manager, confirm actual numbers of students & teachers/parents/guardians attending the course and the number of dietary adjustment charges. Communicate these numbers to the office for final invoicing in a timely manner.
Required Certifications & Experience:
- Food Safe Level 1
- 2+ years’ experience in inventory, grocery ordering and budget management
- 1+ year cooking experience
- Preferred: OFA level 3
- You love working with people. You are open and attentive to all individuals, internal or external to the organization. You are able to appreciate individuals for their diversity and uniqueness.
- You love a challenge. You meet the diversity of the daily tasks with a smile: encouraging tired kids, managing disclosures, loading the canoe trailer and bringing positivity to staff meetings at 6:30am on a cold spring morning. You take initiative for your learning where you don’t know how to do something.
- You communicate clearly. You appreciate nuanced language that is inspirational and honest. You communicate in a way that empowers the people with whom you work.
- You are creative. You tailor your mentorship approach to the needs of each staff member or student. You use ingenuity and innovation to be adaptive when plans change and to solve problems and make progress.
- You value self-care. You practice stress reduction techniques (meditation, forest walks, exercise, etc). You can laugh at yourself and zany situations. You have the humility to ask for help when you need it.
- You live outside the box. You embrace the realm beyond your comfort zone and you believe in inviting others to do the same.
CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Program staff live on our beautiful remote base camp, 20km west of 100 Mile House in the Cariboo region.
- Accommodation and food provided when onsite.
- Opportunity to work internationally through the JUMP! Foundation
THE JUMP! / EDUCO PARTNERSHIP:
The JUMP! Foundation is a international non-profit that utilizes experiential education to inspire and empower young people to engage with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Educo and JUMP have entered into a strategic partnership to innovate and expand the impact of Educo Adventure School. For more information on JUMP see: www.jumpfoundation.org
Wage: Pay range of $125 – $150 per day; exact wage determined by certifications and experience.
Working Terms: Full Season (end of May – end of Sept) or Part-Season (July & August)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click http://educo.ca/about/work/ to submit your application.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit: 1) Resume 2) Letter of motivation, as well as 3) diploma transcript(s), 4) Undergraduate Certificate, 5) Previous working certificate, and 6) Range of salary expectation.